Division Road is a luxury heritage menswear online and physical retail business that presents traditional and forward North American, Western European, and Japanese apparel and footwear manufacturers to stylish clients from around the globe, with a customer service standard that is equal to the quality of goods we carry. We explored and recently implemented a grand vision where cultivation, curation, and craft combine into an engaging experience for our clients, and relocated from a downtown boutique to our flagship headquarters on 45 acres of woods, fields, and meadows. From the virtual to the physical, this new setting fosters fresh opportunities to demonstrate our concentration on the customer experience and high-quality goods that are built to last in any conditions, while supporting the full circle lifecycle of materials and connection to the land that forms the basis of many of our products. With this new venture, solid foundation, and incredibly robust infrastructure, we’re leveling up and looking for talent to join our team of stewards, friends, and common collectors.
The Customer Experience Manager role is an opportunity for an individual with a passion for designing elevated client experiences and an appreciation for well-made, rare products to be a significant contributor to a landmark niche retail business. Division Road has an old-world standard of retailing, defined by building relationships with clientele through delivering comprehensive product knowledge with personalization of services in both physical and virtual venues. The Customer Experience Manager will increase not only sales, but also client engagement with Division Road’s carefully crafted merchandise mix by conveying the knowledge of what makes these products exceptional, including brand histories, material production techniques and product fabrication methods. This information will be translated and leveraged to engage and educate customers in how to work these items into their current wardrobe and enhance our destination as a style, product, and informational resource as well as a retailer.
The Customer Experience Manager will be responsible for executing duties across a multitude of areas, primarily in facilitating the successful operation of both the brick & mortar environment and the e-commerce mechanisms of the business. This position requires a person who is dynamic with strong organizational skills and has the ability to prioritize and self-manage. In one day, you must be able to serve clients virtually and physically, execute sales and transactions, process orders and fulfill shipments, merchandise and curate multiple channels, receive and process inventory, create and upload products onto the website, produce and contribute to copy content, clean and maintain the showroom and studio, and generally be willing to execute any other duty necessary to an exceptionally high standard.
We are looking for an efficient and effective professional who has had a track record of success managing physical sales and/or e- commerce operations, with a background or education in marketing, business administration, and design. This is an exciting opportunity to grow professionally and be a key contributor in building a successful retail business with a strong brand identity in a niche marketplace. Competitive salary based on experience. Healthcare and benefit options.
- 5+ years of Retail Management experience within a luxury store or e-commerce environment
- 2+ years B2B or B2C Operational Management
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
- Advanced computer skills and detailed knowledge of POS Systems and MS Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Shopify e-commerce system
- Comfortable with IT, including networking and web-phone systems
- Copywriting skills including the ability to create original product and editorial posts
- Resourceful and self-driven with a strong work ethic
- Professional presentation and demeanor
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, peers, and leadership
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to be a part of dynamic, growing company
- Ability to remain teachable and flexible
- Deliver product knowledge and serve customers to Division Road Standards
- Client Relations through phone, email, and social media
- Drive physical and online volume, designing and delivering a consistently elevated customer experience across all channels
- Merchandising and Inventory Management
- Managing net orders from purchase to delivery to ensure customer satisfaction
- Quality control, oversight, and processing of online and in-store transactions
- Building and maintaining accurate and comprehensive online content for products and brands
- Creating and editing copy for Product Pages, Newsletter, and Journal Posts
- Reporting via Shopify, Google, and social media analytics
- Strategizing and executing Google Ad Words and social media campaigns
- Logistics management of e-commerce operations including domestic and international shipping, inventory, and supplies
- Collaborate on strategy, styling, and marketing
- Personnel management, to include training and performance
- Maintaining showroom and studio
- Any other duties assigned
- Work 5 days a week, one weekend day required
- Ability to lift heavy objects (50 lbs.+)
- Conduct maintenance and cleaning of retail and stock areas
To Be Considered
- Online resumes only. Apply via firstname.lastname@example.org with Cover Letter and Resume in body of email (no docs attached).
- Subject Line of Email: Customer Experience Manager - Your Name